Tweet
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chinese VO Confimed

As the title suggest there is now a option in BF4 to use a Chinese VO.

This is the audio version of somebody issuing commands with the Commo Rose: BF4 Chinese VO audio.mp3

Edit: I couldn't find a thread about this on Mordor but if it has already been posted can a mod delete the thread and we can pretend that nothing happened.
    Last edited by BR4DDERS1986; 06-19-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Fuck yeah, party time! I heard right on that 15 min leaked footage where player was on Chinese side!

Good job DICE, good job.

So, no Russians this time after all?

wow, much better than the BF2's chinese, cuz now I can understand it without english text.....

not that it will change also the US VO to chinese like it does in bf3

in bf3 you can choose also the VO, but it changes it for all factions... you could make russian and us talk spanish and so on...

I don't understand how is that option supposed to work.

Why can't DICE make it like this:

Last edited by Lauri455; 06-19-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Um, wouldn't this change all VO (American and Russians, too) to Chinese? That's no better than having badly accented English for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    Um, wouldn't this change all VO (American and Russians, too) to Chinese? That's no better than having badly accented English for everybody.
    The Americans still speak English. You can choose to use the default Chinese VO that speaks bad English or Chinese only.
    Last edited by BR4DDERS1986; 06-19-2013 at 09:59 PM.

no good with no text feed.

applaud the effort though.

Quote Originally Posted by youdsy View Post
    no good with no text feed.

applaud the effort though.
    Doesn't take long before you start to understand what means what.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarisc View Post
    Doesn't take long before you start to understand what means what.
    ye if me and said person where sitting in a room together.

when there's all sorts of shit going on around me plus levolution in progress, i imagine it would be difficult to hear lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BR4DDERS1986 View Post
    The Americans still speak English. You can choose to use the default Chinese VO that speaks bad English or Chinese only.
    "Bad English"? I assume you're referring to Chinese Announcer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri455 View Post
    "Bad English"? I assume you're referring to Chinese Announcer?
    Yeah, I meant you can use the default VO where they speak English with a Chinese accent or you can use Chinese only.

The American VO speaks normal English no matter what you choose.

I like this. Good news.

I just listened to it. LOL. i don't understand anything, sounds authentic. but i prefer Asian English Accent. sounds more funny.

Yeah I heard soldiers speaking Chinese today in Alpha, actually they used some English words, but when I pressed commands from COM ROSE then he spoke in Chinese yay! I hope this time they will make it right, also for Russians !

Quote Originally Posted by BR4DDERS1986 View Post
    Yeah, I meant you can use the default VO where they speak English with a Chinese accent or you can use Chinese only.
    Oh, nice. But this option still doesn't make 100 percent sense, since there's a third faction (Russians, I think?) - why would they have a setting specifically for the Chinese faction and not a general "native/original VO" option like in BC2?

Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    Oh, nice. But this option still doesn't make 100 percent sense, since there's a third faction (Russians, I think?) - why would they have a setting specifically for the Chinese faction and not a general "native/original VO" option like in BC2?
    It's probably because it is only Alpha and the Russians aren't in it.

I'd never want to use that nor do I get those bitching about not having Russian (or w/e the foreign faction is) VO. I guess it'd be nice if you can speak the language but other than that it makes little sense to me. I'd much rather have VO that I can actually understand.

Quote Originally Posted by phreec View Post
    I'd never want to use that nor do I get those bitching about not having Russian (or w/e the foreign faction is) VO. I guess it'd be nice if you can speak the language but other than that it makes little sense to me. I'd much rather have VO that I can actually understand.
    That is why we should have the option to choose if we want it localized for people who like that stuff, and and option to not have it localized for people that don't. We all happy now.

Heh, they did a good job; I can understand it pretty clearly.

DICE is taking tips from this guy.

Ching Ching CHi CHI paw Ching

Some people amaze me. In exactly one day of playing the Alpha I got used to the Chinese VO so I understand it all now. Imagine after playing for months. I really like it because it's extra immersion for me. Also, I don't know who came up with this BS that there's no Russians? WTF? Russians are confirmed. 3 Factions confirmed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast