Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
    This link has been going around.

58 Image Album: http://imgur.com/a/oBF5P | Mirror: http://imgur.com/a/qCNMY | Backup Zip File

Looks like BF3 tbh. And really early, there's like no textures. EDIT: This may be a pre-alpha lighting test apparently?

Example:

Last edited by DarkLiberator; 06-09-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Yes that is very similar to bf3 if these are really bf4 leaks then I am already feeling disappointment, looks more like an expansion for bf3 or a dlc but who knows.

2 I found interesting, MRAPS are in instead of Humvees, and it seems that the Abrams has limited ammo. it also seems the vehicle unlock system works a bit differently.
    Last edited by Jimopl; 06-09-2013 at 04:33 AM.

* Console-focused alpha testing.
    * Three-flag map design.

Battlefield 4 already got off on the wrong foot, but this is just stepping on fresh dog poop with the right foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Cone View Post
    * Console-focused alpha testing.
    * Three-flag map design.

Battlefield 4 already got off on the wrong foot, but this is just stepping on fresh dog poop with the right foot.
    As far as Alpha testing goes they do have to make sure it works from the beginning. As for teh 3 flags its worrying but the map seems larger than it initially looks.

So they've decided to mix Port Valdez and Metro into a single map? EPIC!!!

You can tell these are fake... it's just BF3 without textures.

I wonder if we can crowd +20 players into that elevator?... Would make for some epic C4 kills.
    OMG! EA/DICE really know how to excite CoD players!

I still see 4 player squads. buncha-bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
    I still see 4 player squads. buncha-bullshit
    These are current gen console build.

craptacular UI

Quote Originally Posted by Jimopl View Post
    As far as Alpha testing goes they do have to make sure it works from the beginning. As for teh 3 flags its worrying but the map seems larger than it initially looks.
    Alpha testing on a console just shows where DICE's priorities are.

As for the maps, they said that Bandar Desert would be the "biggest map in Battlefield history." That is, until you actually play it, then you find out it's 50% dead space and the flags are grouped into 3 main clusters, with 2 random flags out in the boonies for PC players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Cone View Post
    Alpha testing on a console just shows where DICE's priorities are.

As for the maps, they said that Bandar Desert would be the "biggest map in Battlefield history." That is, until you actually play it, then you find out it's 50% dead space and the flags are grouped into 3 main clusters, with 2 random flags out in the boonies for PC players.
    Well as far as this map goes we cant really tell from the screenies...the minimap makes it look small but the in game shots make it look alot larger. I guess we'll find out eventually

As far as consoles, well considering next gen consoles are coming out (this could easily be on one of them btw) they need to test them alot. Also as this is a test there may very well be alpha testing on multiple platforms ad it jsut happens that a console version was screen capped. Anyway there is still a commarose and it is console so that saying something

Quote Originally Posted by Jimopl View Post
    2 I found interesting, MRAPS are in instead of Humvees, and it seems that the Abrams has limited ammo. it also seems the vehicle unlock system works a bit differently.
    This picture is also somewhat promising for console players.

Recons have c4? and flashlight? EDIT: Could be placeholder graphics.

Those are fake.DICE has a much higher standard when they release an alpha than that.They'd atleast include textures for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by T3HWINDOWLICKER View Post
    Those are fake.DICE has a much higher standard when they release an alpha than that.They'd atleast include textures for everything.
    Fake? LOL.

How does anyone possibly "fake" images like these? What we're seeing is an extremely early alpha build.
    MordorHQ Administrator
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF | @delta_hawk5

I'm not sure if they're actually "official" alpha pics. A friend of mine explained that he's pretty sure that its a leaked lighting test in BF4 multiplayer because of the way the background textures and shadows or something like that.
    Last edited by DarkLiberator; 06-09-2013 at 05:07 AM.

The pings in the server browser all say 110ms...?... guess we now know how the latency compensation will be set.

I like how ranking yields a "box" of goodies with random upgrades. hehehe.... Auto-care-package when you rank up! lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLiberator View Post
    I'm not sure if they're actually "official" alpha pics. A friend of mine explained that he's pretty sure that its a leaked lighting test in multiplayer because of the way the background textures and shadows or something like that.
    Either way its certainly BF4

I'm not sure if they're actually "official" alpha pics. A friend of mine explained that he's pretty sure that its a leaked lighting test in multiplayer because of the way the background textures and shadows or something like that.
    It's incredibly obvious these are real.

Sigh. Could be console version of the map, but still.

I'm not sure if they're actually "official" alpha pics. A friend of mine explained that he's pretty sure that its a leaked lighting test in BF4 multiplayer because of the way the background textures and shadows or something like that.
    I wouldn't call them alpha, maybe one of the earliest pre alpha builds at that.I could see it being real for a pre alpha, but for DICE's standards, that's not an alpha.

I wouldn't call them alpha, maybe one of the earliest pre alpha builds at that.I could see it being real for a pre alpha, but for DICE's standards, that's not an alpha.
    You're right, for DICE standards, this is a beta.
    MordorHQ Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaHawk5 View Post
    You're right, for DICE standards, this is a beta.
    Nah this is like release level quality, if it was beta the character models would have crazy necks

Sigh. Could be console version of the map, but still.
    Yeah, there's a lot of OOB areas that can easily open up for a 64p match.

MordorHQ Administrator

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast