Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EA’s DICE Studio has introduced Frostbite 3, a game engine that will revolutionize experiences across a broad spectrum of platforms and genres. The astonishing power of Frostbite 3 was unveiled in March with this 17-minute gameplay video of Battlefield 4. That demo was actually showcasing the next generation of Battlefield, which will run on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC and will also be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
    http://www.ea.com/news/the-wait-is-over
    MordorHQ Administrator
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF | @delta_hawk5

Prone not confirmed?

Pre-order canceled.

Pre-ordered.

so the pc will get a port from PS3 and 360

then the PS4 and xbox "one" (lol) will get a port from the pc version, a port of a port

Quote Originally Posted by Whipgeezbrut View Post
    so the pc will get a port from PS3 and 360

then the PS4 and xbox "one" (lol) will get a port from the pc version, a port of a port
    PC-> PS4/XBOX one -> ps3/360

That is how frostbite 2-3 scales.

I wonder how sales on the new platforms are going to be.

Hopefully the PC port is from the next gen consoles, Then theres only a 3 year tehnology gap this time

Quote Originally Posted by Squadwin View Post
    PC-> PS4/XBOX one -> ps3/360

That is how frostbite 2-3 scales.

I wonder how sales on the new platforms are going to be.
    I'm not keeping my hopes up. DICE seems to have a very strict philosophy that "all platforms should be equal".
    MordorHQ Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaHawk5 View Post
    I'm not keeping my hopes up. DICE seems to have a very strict philosophy that "all platforms should be equal".
    As much as i hate that, i saw that PC got a lot more work and content that the other platforms. But it is indeed an issue that holds PC's back.

Also i prefer to keep my expectations low, but my hopes high. As much as i know that DICE won't do it i won't let the dream battlefield die

Quote Originally Posted by Squadwin View Post
    As much as i hate that, i saw that PC got a lot more work and content that the other platforms.
    I am baffled by this statement. It is not even remotely close. I am honestly at loss for words.
    MordorHQ Administrator

I am baffled by this statement. It is not even remotely close. I am honestly at lost for words.
    If you've played battlefield 3 on consoles you will know.

Also worth mentioning is that the gap is not a whole lot more, but not as small as we usually make it out to be.

This will still hold true, the weakest link will still limit the rest.

I am curious if they plan on releasing on all those platforms at the same time that means there's a minimum release date for the PS4/Xbox One correct? I don't remember seeing a release date for the next gen systems so I keep wondering about that. If they get delayed in anyway this could be quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesatech View Post
    I am curious if they plan on releasing on all those platforms at the same time that means there's a minimum release date for the PS4/Xbox One correct? I don't remember seeing a release date for the next gen systems so I keep wondering about that. If they get delayed in anyway this could be quite entertaining.
    They'll release on time for the rest and take your money anyway. Pretty much how they handled BF1943 for PC.
    MordorHQ Moderator
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesatech View Post
    This will still hold true, the weakest link will still limit the rest.
    Sooooo, why don't we kill off the weakest link in the chain then?
    *hint*all consoles*hint*

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze_Urmel View Post
    *hint*all consoles*hint*
    The PS4 and the One are fine. Knowing DICE and their masterful patching process, the PS3 and 360 versions definitely needed to be killed off. Of course, that won't happen because $$$.
    MordorHQ Administrator

Should just make 2 versions.. one With CQ Large for PC/PS4/Xbox1 and one with other shite modes for the old gen.

oh really EA ?

i'm so surprised

Am I the only one that was not "astonished" by the power of FB3?
    MordorHQ Moderator
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF

The PS4 and the One are fine. Knowing DICE and their masterful patching process, the PS3 and 360 versions definitely needed to be killed off. Of course, that won't happen because $$$.
    But my point still stands. If we really want to kill off the weakest link in the chain, we would have to kill every "major" console that has and will be released(with major I mean XBoX and Playstation. Wii+WiiU is fine, they don't hold back anything)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The only astonishing thing is how the PR-Guys can live with all the lies they tell :neucoffee:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze_Urmel View Post
    *hint*all consoles*hint*
    if they really want to do that, the next day we will see DICE cancel the PC verison
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    it starts to feel like COD engines, almost the same every year, change some texture and lighting render options u have a new game....well fuck it, at lest COD has better art directions.
    Last edited by xyzeratul; 05-22-2013 at 06:06 AM.

The astonishing power of FB3 indeed! Lies, lies, lies and still more lies, and the stupid and gullible target audience will lap up that shit like ice cream. Your engine isn't worth shit if your artists are not up to the mark.

just make 2 versions.

Like BF2 and BF2: MC

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRock View Post
    just make 2 versions.

Like BF2 and BF2: MC
    What are you? Crazy?!... and further segment the market?

Quote Originally Posted by leblackdragon View Post
    What are you? Crazy?!... and further segment the market?
    actually i wonder how many sheep will buy the game twice.

It's nearly a save bet that XboxOne will release on November 5th (bundled with CoD:Luigi's Mansion). Some people can't stand a week of dely :neucoffee:

oh and doesn't it look like that XboxOne is an EA console? It sure had that feel around it.

oh and there you can see the Boxart for the XboxOne version

http://www.battlefield.com/au/battlefield-4/xbox-one

oh and something new i just saw. the XboxOne Triggers do have a rumble feature, so supression might now even rumble your finger of the trigger
    Last edited by James_D_Sidious; 05-22-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Remember how PC has one 3rd person reload animation (full reload) because of conslole memory limitation.
    Imagine how castrated bf4 will be since both PC and "next" gen consloles still get castrated by PS3 and X360.

Platform equality done right.

I bet there'll be overheating issues again. xbox one, two, three, four, five for some lucky players hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by leblackdragon View Post
    The astonishing power of FB3 indeed! Lies, lies, lies and still more lies, and the stupid and gullible target audience will lap up that shit like ice cream. Your engine isn't worth shit if your artists are not up to the mark.
    calling it now, footage from trailers, doesn't make it into full game, destruction scaled back, gameplay ruined etc.
    Last edited by Slarlac249; 05-22-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast