Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Online UK Retailer Shopto.net appears to have leaked the release date for the highly anticipated Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain a whopping 8 months before it's supposed release date.

    Shopto Lists MGS5 To be released on the 6th of December 2013.

    http://bit.ly/16WcqeR

    There is Credit to this claim, The release date does tie in with a Current Gen release, And Shopto also leaked the mid february release for Crysis 3 9 months before it's release.

    Still no word on a PC version sadly,

    Last edited by blondbassist; 04-14-2013 at 03:09 PM.

  2. #2
    8 months... damn that's a long time!
    Why can't they ever release some games in the lull period between March and October?
    They just have to cram the holiday season with everything every year.

  3. #3
    Happy and sad.

    Happy because if it's on PS4 (which it most likely will be) I won't have to wait a few months between the initial PS3/Xbox release and the PS4 release.
    Sad because, well, that's the end of the year.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by leblackdragon View Post
    8 months... damn that's a long time!
    Why can't they ever release some games in the lull period between March and October?
    They just have to cram the holiday season with everything every year.
    think of it this way: October - december = shitty mainstream games

    january - april = good interesting games

    june - august = odd but potentially interesting games

    That is seemingly how it works. CoD is december, Total War is march, Deus Ex was August.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    think of it this way: October - december = shitty mainstream games

    january - april = good interesting games

    june - august = odd but potentially interesting games

    That is seemingly how it works. CoD is december, Total War is march, Deus Ex was August.
    Are you infering that Metal Gear is 'shitty and mainstream'?

  6. #6
    I'm from the US, so I'm not sure how to read that date... lol Would it be June 12th 2013 (Since we put months ahead of days in the US) or is it December 6th 2013? I'd hope to god it's December since there has literally been no time to market the game for it to release in June. lol
    Last edited by SykeOut; 04-15-2013 at 12:27 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearRules1 View Post
    Happy and sad.

    Happy because if it's on PS4 (which it most likely will be) I won't have to wait a few months between the initial PS3/Xbox release and the PS4 release.
    Sad because, well, that's the end of the year.
    Why would you become an early adaptor if you already own a current gen console?

    Almost all the 'big' games due out at the end of the year are multiplatform,the next gen versions will only have prettier graphics and maybe a higher framerate.You should definatly wait until their are more next gen specific games avliable and the almost certain teething problems that the new systems will have post launch are ironed out,not too mention price.


    Edit: Haz it been confirmed how the release of Groundzeros is gonna work? Will it be released with MGS5 on the disc,or is it gonna be on steam/psn/xbla a month be4 MGS5 as a seperate purchase?
    Last edited by MentalDepravity; 04-15-2013 at 01:12 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalDepravity View Post
    Why would you become an early adaptor if you already own a current gen console?

    Almost all the 'big' games due out at the end of the year are multiplatform,the next gen versions will only have prettier graphics and maybe a higher framerate.You should definatly wait until their are more next gen specific games avliable and the almost certain teething problems that the new systems will have post launch are ironed out,not too mention price.


    Edit: Haz it been confirmed how the release of Groundzeros is gonna work? Will it be released with MGS5 on the disc,or is it gonna be on steam/psn/xbla a month be4 MGS5 as a seperate purchase?
    Reason is because when I get the PS4 I'm not going to want to play my PS3 very much again, so I figure I get them for the next console so I can always play them. It's kinda hard to explain. And two of the four games I want at PS4 launch [MGSV, (not confirmed for PS4 yet, but most likely) WATCH_DOGS, ACIV, and inFAMOUS Second Son] have multiplayer confirmed, there won't be as many people on the PS3 versions after the PS4 versions launch.

    Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are the same game. Ground Zeroes is the prologue chaper (like the Tanker Chapter in MGS2 and the Virtuous Mission in MGS3) and The Phantom Pain is the other 90% of the game. Together, they make up Metal Gear Solid V. Source

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearRules1 View Post
    Are you infering that Metal Gear is 'shitty and mainstream'?
    I have never played an MGS game, so I can't comment on that .

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I have never played an MGS game, so I can't comment on that .
    You really should. It's a truly great experience to play all the games in order.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearRules1 View Post
    Reason is because when I get the PS4 I'm not going to want to play my PS3 very much again, so I figure I get them for the next console so I can always play them. It's kinda hard to explain. And two of the four games I want at PS4 launch [MGSV, (not confirmed for PS4 yet, but most likely) WATCH_DOGS, ACIV, and inFAMOUS Second Son] have multiplayer confirmed, there won't be as many people on the PS3 versions after the PS4 versions launch.
    Three of those games are gonna be current gen(not sure about infamous).I can gurantee you that the MP component of those games will have a FAR smaller population than the versions released on current gen machines.For example the PS3 sold around 6m units in its first year of sale,if the PS4 were to do the same buisness(it will probily do a bit better IMO due to a number of factors) it would still be competeing with a user base of 60-70m of the old gen(PS3).

    Honestly in general early adaptation of next gen hardware has always been a dodgy prosepect( i know this from personal experience),this time around however the vast majority games themselves are the exact same across the generations,your gonna be playing the exact same games that you could be4,but your paying a massive premium to do so.If anything this jump to the next gen is gonna be the one with the least progress and most underwhelming in the short term.Im pretty sure the first 18months of the new systems are gonna be dissapointing

    Really you should wait a bare minimum of 6-12 months be4 upgradeing if you already have current gen hardware.By that point their might be some truely next gen games out on the system and obviously the price might be have dropped by then.

    Games developers and publishers wont truely be focused on next gen titles for a while,excusive next gen AAA games will stuggle to break even nevermind make money for a couple of years untill the user base is present,they will still be making games for the the ps3/360 their current buisness model forces them to do this in return the next gen will take a while to come in to its own

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearRules1 View Post

    Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are the same game. Ground Zeroes is the prologue chaper (like the Tanker Chapter in MGS2 and the Virtuous Mission in MGS3) and The Phantom Pain is the other 90% of the game. Together, they make up Metal Gear Solid V. Source
    I know about how they tie in together narritively,but im intrested in whether they are gonna be released as a single game.The presentaion of them over the last 12 months shows seems to show them as 2 seperate releases.Does my £40 buy me a disc with both games, am i gonna have to buy two £40 games or will be GZ be a Digital only title at say £10-£20 and Phantom pain as a regular £40 title.


    Thus far its all rather up in the air
    Last edited by MentalDepravity; 04-15-2013 at 03:52 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalDepravity View Post
    Three of those games are gonna be current gen(not sure about infamous).I can gurantee you that the MP component of those games will have a FAR smaller population than the versions released on current gen machines.For example the PS3 sold around 6m units in its first year of sale,if the PS4 were to do the same buisness(it will probily do a bit better IMO due to a number of factors) it would still be competeing with a user base of 60-70m of the old gen(PS3).

    Honestly in general early adaptation of next gen hardware has always been a dodgy prosepect( i know this from personal experience),this time around however the vast majority games themselves are the exact same across the generations,your gonna be playing the exact same games that you could be4,but your paying a massive premium to do so.If anything this jump to the next gen is gonna be the one with the least progress and most underwhelming in the short term.Im pretty sure the first 18months of the new systems are gonna be dissapointing

    Really you should wait a bare minimum of 6-12 months be4 upgradeing if you already have current gen hardware.By that point their might be some truely next gen games out on the system and obviously the price might be have dropped by then.

    Games developers and publishers wont truely be focused on next gen titles for a while,excusive next gen AAA games will stuggle to break even nevermind make money for a couple of years untill the user base is present,they will still be making games for the the ps3/360 their current buisness model forces them to do this in return the next gen will take a while to come in to its own


    I know about how they tie in together narritively,but im intrested in whether they are gonna be released as a single game.The presentaion of them over the last 12 months shows seems to show them as 2 seperate releases.Does my £40 buy me a disc with both games, am i gonna have to buy two £40 games or will be GZ be a Digital only title at say £10-£20 and Phantom pain as a regular £40 title.


    Thus far its all rather up in the air
    You will pay £40 for one disc: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. There will be no seperate releases. Kojima had said that he might not have been able to release Ground Zeroes due to it having 'taboo' content in it a month or two before the MGSV official reveal. The real reason was because Ground Zeroes is actually MGSV; it was another one of his tricks.

    I those games for PS4 also for the higher framerate and improved visuals. Another reason is I don't want the PS4 sitting there with one game (inFAMOUS) while I'm playing the invetible MGO3 and Watch_Dogs MP (not a huge AC MP fan; could never get into it). The price isn't an issue since my birthday/Christmas is right at that time and my parents agreed to get me a PS4 as a birthday/Christmas gift (meaning I get the PS4 within a month of it's launch and no Christmas gift from my parents because of the PS4's invetible $400+ pricepoint). Besides, there's already confirmed next-gen games I want like Thief 4, possibly Destiny (if it has PvP), and the rumors of Planetside 2 being ported to the PS4.

    So really, it's more of a long term thing. Hope my somewhat confusing explination of things helps.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearRules1 View Post
    You really should. It's a truly great experience to play all the games in order.
    my first Metal Gear was on gameplay color, if he doesn't start from here. he's not going to like it.

    Last edited by Androff; 04-16-2013 at 03:03 AM.

  14. #14
    the phantom pain? really, that's the name they chose?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Slarlac249 View Post
    the phantom pain? really, that's the name they chose?
    A 'Phantom pain' is a pain or sensation that an amputee victim feels. Basiclly, phantom pain involves the sensation of pain in a part of the body that has been removed.
    In the trailer, Big Boss's arm has been removed for unknown reasons so he's probably undergoing some sort of 'phantom pain' that will most likely be a plot point.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Slarlac249 View Post
    the phantom pain? really, that's the name they chose?
    knowing kojima, that dude will make you think outside the box. you might understand the true meaning of the name until probably at the end of the game.