Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Apparently according to this thread on BL the Euro servers have been moved to America.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...48420733201/1/

After doing some checking myself it seems to be true, euro servers according to their IP locations are located in Redwood City, California

Example:
    This Euro server http://bf3stats.com/server/360_20693...6-9ea87a9cc78c

After putting its IP (159.153.80.141) into this tracker site http://www.iplocation.net/index.php
    159.153.80.141 United States California Redwood City Electronic Arts Inc.

Euro server list use to find servers & their IP (check the server you rent or play on)

http://www.iplocation.net/index.php
    or
    http://www.ip-tracker.org/lookup/whois-lookup.php

Enter IP into one of the above links.

Oh! If this is correct, them ping bars you see on the server browser are just a fucking fabrication.

Could a mod change the (360) in the title to consoles please..................Thanks mod.
    Last edited by MADDPADD; 02-01-2013 at 08:19 PM.

i have to see where our server is located... but something i noticed the last days is that there are way more insta deaths i get....

dice this SUCKS !!! why does our clan pay you for a server located in amrica are you nuts ?

edit: just tested our server

ps3 server http://bf3stats.com/server/ps3_9fa0b...6-2579db05a9bb

this server was used: 159.153.80.254:14030

WHY SHOULD I PLAY ON A SERVER I PAYED WITH A PING OF 114ms

FUCK YOU EA/DICE

I WANT MY MONEY BACK
    Last edited by woess; 02-01-2013 at 07:43 PM.

All console players need to know about this & need to stop renting servers.
    Last edited by MADDPADD; 02-01-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDPADD View Post
    All console players need to know about this & need to stop renting servers.
    im 100% sure our clan will not rent a server anymore

this is FUCKING UNACEPTABLE (sorry but im really pissed of)

Quote Originally Posted by woess View Post
    i have to see where our server is located... but something i noticed the last days is that there are way more insta deaths i get....

dice this SUCKS !!! why does our clan pay you for a server located in amrica are you nuts ?

edit: just tested our server

ps3 server http://bf3stats.com/server/ps3_9fa0b...6-2579db05a9bb

this server was used: 159.153.80.254:14030

FUCK YOU EA/DICE

I WANT MY MONEY BACK
    Tested this on another server. Rented as European, based in Redwood now pinging it with 80 ms tracing through the Czech Republic and Poland into the US.

No more Money into server rentals from my side now.

No need to be sorry! After all it is a fucking disgrace! All European console players are getting shafted more so the ones that rent servers.

Quote Originally Posted by James_D_Sidious View Post
    Tested this on another server. Rented as European, based in Redwood now pinging it with 80 ms tracing through the Czech Republic and Poland into the US.

No more Money into server rentals from my side now.
    If checked a load of "Euro servers" for both 360 & ps3 they are all in cali, even a official DICE[NL] server is there

I think the last server down time (maintenance) was to move the server farm.
    Last edited by MADDPADD; 02-01-2013 at 08:18 PM.

i just can't get what dice is allways doing... they really really want to fuck up every relationship they have with the customer... i mean they scream every day not to give them money...

wow. That's really disgraceful. Even for DICEA's standards.

Thread #6666
    The Satan caused all this mess.

I was playing with 80-120 ping to EU servers my whole life (PC)
    If I had a console, I'd have over 250 ping, that would be horrible.

Request timed out x4
    lol
    Last edited by Infarlock; 02-01-2013 at 09:06 PM.

This is straight false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by woess View Post

FUCK YOU EA/DICE

I WANT MY MONEY BACK
    I'm no network guru but a 114ms ping from a trace route is prolly gonna translate into a much higher ping in game I'd guess approximately double.

If you are player A, shooting at player B (both players from same geo location)
    Player A, has to send data to server> server sends data to player B> player B has to send data back to server that is then sent back to you, thus doubling the ping.

Now that's not taking into account, network traffic/congestion that the servers have, or the quality of internet/connection the other players have to the server.
    Putting all the factors together could well push that trace-route ping past double in game.

Now I'm just theorizing so if I'm wrong? Please feel free to correct me.

I don't understand that website.

The server address for Connery is 64.37.174.142 and I get a average ping of 162ms. That's what I would expect to get from the UK to US west coast.

Now the server address for Briggs is 69.174.220.24 and I get a average ping of 337ms. That's what I would expect to get from the UK to Australia.

So according to iplocaton.net both of the servers are in San Diego yet I get vastly different pings.

Dafuq

LOL

This is like, a MASSIVE issue

This is the sorta thing that should lead to Firings and resignations within EA/DICE
    Will make the game defeacto unplayable for EU players,and make people who rented servers look like even bigger mugs than be4

lolol

working as intended

EA/DICE being EA/DICE I see.

If it's anything like BC2, EA started using a gateway arrangement, whereby you connect into their network like a VPN. So you can never actually find the real IP address of the server.

Either way you can rest assured EA will spend the least amount on servers as possible.

I'm glad I no longer have a rented server but i feel for those who do.

needless to say won't be renting another one from here on out.

I get a average ping of 25ms to the IP address the OP posted.

I also get a average ping of 28ms to the IP address woes posted.

I get a average ping of 102ms to this IP address (Google Inc, CA)

I think the servers are in the same place and the website is just wrong.
    Last edited by BR4DDERS; 02-02-2013 at 12:50 AM.

FYI just because the IP is registered as being in the US does not mean that it is.

It always goes like this. EA can't get the basic things right and won't get them right unless masses of people complain.
    Last edited by OnYour6; 02-03-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Lol.

so can someone explain if this is true or not ? im not an it expert and want just to know why my ping is now over 100ms ? before it was around 40ms

and where are the server finally located ?

MK maybe ?

So, the admins have now hidden the first post in the BL thread :neucoffee:

Quote Originally Posted by James_D_Sidious View Post
    So, the admins have now hidden the first post in the BL thread :neucoffee:
    Instead of making a comment about the situation like "the IP locations are being shown wrong due to the servers being run through a VPN" (which they wont be able to say if the servers have been moved)
    They resort to trying to hide the OPs post (badly hidden at that as it can still be seen by pressing teh quote button)

Looks suspicious.

Lots of threads starting to pop up on battlelol about server issues, mostly Americans complaining about lag, disconnects, freezing, unable to join servers. (might be extra traffic causing probs?)...............Get some karma up yi

Even East coast Americans are starting to complain about IP's showing as West coast.

A storm is a coming!
    Last edited by MADDPADD; 02-02-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast