Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hello,

Mikael Kalms, one of DICE's Senior Programmers, has just annouced that the next Battlefield 3 Client Patch will include a command console option to disable color grading. The quote announcement can be found below, with a link to the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelKalms View Post
    There will be a console command for disabling the color grading entirely in the game included with the next PC game client update.
    We believe that turning it off gives no major competitive advantage/disadvantage.
    IRNV scope and a few others which turn the image into greyscale or greenscale don't work properly without color grading and will look real ugly.
    There will be no in-game UI for turning it on/off.
    We are unlikely to handle support questions and bug reports regarding stuff that happens when color grading is disabled.

As for server settings: we are not currently planning to implement any new ones.
    http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post82357

//
    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelKalms View Post
    After discussing this further with my hierarchy, they have decided to not implement this feature. This is the studio’s take on this matter, and after being warned I 've been forced to tell you the decision:

"As a studio, it is extremely important for us at DICE to have a unique identity in our games, not only from a gameplay perspective, but visually as well. While we appreciate that some players might want a slightly different look to the game, we are proud of the visual identity of Battlefield 3 and do not wish to change it."

I apologize for getting anybody’s hopes up, and if you have any further questions on this subject, I will refer back to the above statement.
    http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.p...4743#post84743
    Last edited by SkacikPL; 10-23-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    MordorHQ Administrator
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF | @delta_hawk5

This is like those day after pills... Too late cousin.

That's pretty cool =) does anyone know what the IRNV and other IR stuff look like without colour grading? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlesocks View Post
    That's pretty cool =) does anyone know what the IRNV and other IR stuff look like without colour grading? =)
    quite normal as both IRNV and FLIR are based on CC, so disabling them makes those optics without any difference between others.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaDrugi View Post
    This is like those day after pills... Too late cousin.
    Never too late...although it does a bit late...

-----
    Your sign....Hotshots!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlesocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkacikPL View Post
    quite normal as both IRNV and FLIR are based on CC, so disabling them makes those optics without any difference between others.
    scratch that, there's quite high possibility that it'll look like this.

//
    Battlelog is burning
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4348280138760/
    Last edited by SkacikPL; 10-19-2012 at 08:59 PM.

I want it in options, not as console command. I want this on consoles...

What about us poor console peasants?

Quote Originally Posted by wexfordlad1 View Post
    What about us poor console peasants?
    You will continue to enjoy the fruits of DICE's art directors work.

Is Mordor victorious?

Quote Originally Posted by Listen2YourFans View Post
    Is Mordor victorious?
    MordorHQ Administrator
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF | @delta_hawk5

Love live Mordor!

I'm shocked.Honestly! Never thought DICE would allow us to enjoy colours...

So we got the game to not look like shit, can we get them to make it not play like shit?

Quote Originally Posted by xXJon2011Xx View Post
    So we got the game to not look like shit, can we get them to make it not play like shit?
    No, way too many nails to remove on that one.

BF4 will have colours!

This may be a littlebit immature but :

Quote Originally Posted by xXJon2011Xx View Post
    One battle at a time. Of course I do warn DICE that because they given us this to not expect the consumer base to stop criticizing their game. Many issues still lay dormant we are just consumers wanting the game to be best it could possibly be and of course worthy of the title of Battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by SkacikPL View Post
    I was thinking the same thing as the second reply:
    still would have to use tweaker to adjust coleurs and saturation

Bullshit, Where the option for consoles?

Is Mordor victorious?
    Double Whammy Victory, as it's a refreshing change to see a decent guy at DICE!

Well slap me silly and call me Sally.

I am fucking astounded that they have finally done something constructive and that the community ask for.

Now about that god awful suppression Mr Kalms.

Aww yeah, finally!

Is Mordor victorious?
    A tainted victory. We get what we wanted but dice still can't be bothered doing it properly.

500 people viewing this forum, I can see a lot of extra members.
    Last edited by Listen2YourFans; 10-19-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast