Tweet
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: BF3 Colour Tweaker, what the...?

Quote Originally Posted by BlindChance View Post
    I doubt anyone here is naive enough to blame an individual developer for the decisions of the producers and senior designers. I can easily understand why on so many questions he gives us the frustrating "no comment". Whatever he thinks as a person it doesn't matter in such a big company as EA/DICE, not saying in what kind of trouble he could end up for taking our side or even commenting on it. I don't blame him, as I clearly said that's nothing personal. It's the company new direction, decisions and treatment of customers which I find appalling at best. EA/DICE is a PR disaster and BF franchise gets dumbed down for higher sales AT ANY cost.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    fixed
    Yeah, I often mispronounce that one wrong too My main rant grammar is rather appalling too, but I just can't be bothered to rewrite it. I ranted on the same subject more times then it is worth. Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelKalms View Post
    Raider, we will not introduce new mechanisms on the server side to control supression et al. Sorry.
    Just to interject, is there no movement on this at all? Raider is right in asking for server options. Some of the requests for BF3 changes make no sense if it's optional instead of mandatory. Everyone must play this way. The Battlefield community has always asked for server options so we know its something worth badgering you about.There used to be a friendly-fire %age setting

So... server settings. How much would it cost for a server option? Would £5k per server option be reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by StrayZook View Post
    Just to interject, is there no movement on this at all? Raider is right in asking for server options. Some of the requests for BF3 changes make no sense if it's optional instead of mandatory. Everyone must play this way. The Battlefield community has always asked for server options so we know its something worth badgering you about.There used to be a friendly-fire %age setting

So... server settings. How much would it cost for a server option? Would £5k per server option be reasonable?
    Either turning off suppression isn't possible with a simple flip of a switch or they feel it's one of those things that makes the game unique.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesatech View Post
    Either turning off suppression isn't possible with a simple flip of a switch or they feel it's one of those things that makes the game unique.
    It does make the game unique as you need to be...special to think its a good feature in a FPS.

There will be a console command for disabling the color grading entirely in the game included with the next PC game client update.
    We believe that turning it off gives no major competitive advantage/disadvantage.
    IRNV scope and a few others which turn the image into greyscale or greenscale don't work properly without color grading and will look real ugly.
    There will be no in-game UI for turning it on/off.
    We are unlikely to handle support questions and bug reports regarding stuff that happens when color grading is disabled.

As for server settings: we are not currently planning to implement any new ones.

There will be a console command for disabling the color grading entirely in the game included with the next PC game client update.
    We believe that turning it off gives no major competitive advantage/disadvantage.
    http://www.ivona.com/en/?tk=GqZbGyAg2X

Seems like this is a community victory? A bit of my faith is back...

Thank you Mikael, for bringing us the good news...

Kalms for president!

Extraordinary news! Kalms, we cannot thank you enough. But we can thank you until we are blue in the face.

But seriously, thanks so much for taking feedback into the office and voicing our feelings with your coworkers.
    MordorHQ Moderator - "Tum erat"
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF | True Story of BF3 | To New Users

IRNV scope and a few others which turn the image into greyscale or greenscale don't work properly without color grading and will look real ugly.
    We are unlikely to handle support questions and bug reports regarding stuff that happens when color grading is disabled.

As for server settings: we are not currently planning to implement any new ones.
    A man amongst trolls. I look forward to being able to turn the ugly off.

by the by, I don't suppose you have an example pic of the night vision stuff without the grading? =)

Yessss yess!

That was... unexpected. I'm completely dumbfounded. This is fantastic news!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlesocks View Post
    A man amongst trolls. I look forward to being able to turn the ugly off.

by the by, I don't suppose you have an example pic of the night vision stuff without the grading? =)
    there's quite high possibility that it'll look like this.

im soooo happy for you pc guys!

mordor win !

nao ban audio spotting, suppression, client side hit detection.....

what about console players ? no option to turn it off ?

and mr Kalms for CM !

A small victory but a victory nonetheless. I do appreciate that DICE has made such decision.

Nice to see a civil conversation with DICE staff

@Mikheal - Do you enjoy the community Memos and Where's the Battlefield Guy posts?

Ok...let the serious posts from other members continue. Hope you stick around.

I've always wanted a pink humvee! Looking forward to have it!

Quote Originally Posted by blondbassist View Post
    Kalms for president!
    A statue shall be built in honor of him.

Quote Originally Posted by majnu View Post
    Nice to see a civil conversation with DICE staff
    Some of the other devs should take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    A statue shall be built in honor of him.

And it will be available in colours other than blue

Well done MK! Top man

PS wheres Zhinto this weather, he been bagged?

Genuinely didn't think you'd be able to change anything - but huge props, and a huge thank you, for arranging this. And for continuing to constructively and openly communicate with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrefli View Post
    Genuinely didn't think you'd be able to change anything - but huge props, and a huge thank you, for arranging this. And for continuing to constructively and openly communicate with us.
    Oh, so you ARE still here then?

Awesome news. Thank you MK and to all those who made this happen

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast