Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
    The tool that was used to make these modifications is now publicly available at http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.p...weaker-(again)
    You can download one of the following files to remove the blue tint from the non-DLC maps. To install the modifications, copy the files found in the .zip to the game's update/patch/data directory.

Punkbuster Status: No Issues Reported as of 9/29
    Sample Image Album

Liability Statement
    MordorHQ (MordorHQ.com) and it's staff, alongside it's affiliates, are not responsible for the content of this modification. While we do not directly support the program it self, we respect the author's and the community's right to freely express themselves.
    bf3CC.zip ← Removes Colour Grading from all of the vanilla maps.
    bf3CC+OOB.zip ← Removes Colour Grading from all of the vanilla maps + stops the screen darkening when you go Out of Bounds.
    Vanilla CC FOV fix.zip ← Removes Colour Grading from all of the vanilla maps + uses a custom FOV for weapons, see this video by SkacikPL.
    Battlefield3_fix_by_LoE.zip ← Colour Correction mod that improves the colours of all the vanilla maps and more, see this thread by LunaticOnExtacy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Frankelstner; 09-29-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Nice to see you here.
    For me you're a genius when it comes to reverse engineering

But what does this thing actually do ?

will gladly accept anything which can chew BF3 file system.

You can modify some game files with it (within certain limits). E.g. the iron sights now have a much stronger zoom: http://i.imgur.com/g0cfK.jpg

You can.

If someone can come up with a tool that

* removes derpression blur
    * removes blue tint
    * lowers contrast

then i'd re-install BF3 (and wouldn't mind if i'd get banned, although it would be a shame
    to be banned after seeing the game the way it should look for everybody).

Quote Originally Posted by Dendari View Post
    You can play on ranked servers without problems?
    Sure: http://i.imgur.com/VDeJm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dendari View Post
    What did you change?
    You know that black-and-white stuff that covers your screen when you go out-of-bounds? Looks like he disabled it.

so you can change the damage of an weapon by just changing some values and the game accept it ?

and all this in 2012

btw:

Magnus Troedsson explained that DICE is aware that offering mod tools can help extend the life of a game like Battlefield 3. However, the company decided against it because it was "afraid of all the things that can come with releasing the code," including hacking exploits.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/dice-af...-tools-6392163

e-sports are the focus of Battlefield 3
    ahahaha im glad i sold that game... it's really sad what happened to battlefield

but im glad that someone posted this here

btw: can you activate the console in bf3 ?
    Last edited by woess; 09-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankelstner View Post
    You can modify some game files with it (within certain limits). E.g. the iron sights now have a much stronger zoom: http://i.imgur.com/g0cfK.jpg
    Can this tool fix the broken fov setting so you can get a propert fov in vehicles and not the hard coded console fov?

Magnus Troedsson explained that DICE is aware that offering mod tools can help extend the life of a game like Battlefield 3. However, the company decided against it because it was "afraid of all the things that can come with releasing the code," including hacking exploits.
    Ohh I see it now

Quote Originally Posted by SkacikPL View Post
    Cold beer goes to whoever gets rid of Color correction.
    I'll tell you how.

It seems that colour correction is map specific. This was already obvious, as the maps in the base game (especially Operation Metro) have a blue tint, the Back to Karkand maps are black and white, and the other maps are pretty good. I'll explain how to remove colour correction in Operation Metro.

1. Navigate to the lighting data for Operation Metro. You'll find it in Levels -> mp_subway -> Lighting.

2. Open VE_MP_Subway_Subway_01, and expand the ColorCorrectionComponentData node.

3. Set ColorGradingEnable to False. You may also want to expand the Saturation node, and change the x, y, and z values to 1.

4. Open VE_MP_Subway_City_01, and expand the ColorCorrectionComponentData node.

5. Set ColorGradingEnable to False. You may also want to expand the Saturation node, and change the x, y, and z values to 1.

After those steps, save the data and jump in a game.

This is how it looks:

Edit:
    Here are some more screenshots.

Last edited by tehfusion; 09-27-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tehfusion View Post

This is how it looks:

Holy crap.
    MordorHQ Administrator
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF | @delta_hawk5

Quote Originally Posted by phreec View Post
    I respect your efforts trying to bring forth modtools to this mess of a game but it still doesn't justify being able to tweak damage values, disabling effects, varying zoom levels, whatnot other unfair advantages this tool grants.

I wouldn't give a single fuck about this if it didn't work for ranked games but it does, so in my books it's a cheat. All I can hope getting out of this is DICE getting their shit together and implement proper hitreg for PC.
    Is it true this is working on ranked or more importantly PB enabled games? I would think this would throw an MD5 mismatch of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri455 View Post
    I was about to say someone post that cat image when I saw the Metro screenshot, thankfully someone did.

I look forward to the entertainment this topic will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by phreec View Post
    It's removing restrictions put there by the game devs, of course it's a hack. I don't think tools with damage modifying hacks should be allowed on this forum.
    Honestly it's already out in the open now. Now DICE need to get off their fat asses and come up with a fix for it instead of waiting 5 months between patches.

If they had made options to disable the awful art direction in the first place people wouldn't have to resort to things like this. This is up to DICE right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Honestly it's already out in the open now. Now DICE need to get off their fat asses and come up with a fix for it instead of waiting 5 months between patches.

If they had made options to disable the awful art direction in the first place people wouldn't have to resort to things like this. This is up to DICE right now.
    It's too bad they didn't put an "art direction" cvar in one of the .ini or .xml settings files like they did with BLOOM in BC2.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaHawk5 View Post
    Holy crap.
    What he said... the graphics are actually decent now.

I'll tell you how.

It seems that colour correction is map specific. This was already obvious, as the maps in the base game (especially Operation Metro) have a blue tint, the Back to Karkand maps are black and white, and the other maps are pretty good. I'll explain how to remove colour correction in Operation Metro.

1. Navigate to the lighting data for Operation Metro. You'll find it in Levels -> mp_subway -> Lighting.

2. Open VE_MP_Subway_Subway_01, and expand the ColorCorrectionComponentData node.

3. Set ColorGradingEnable to False. You may also want to expand the Saturation node, and change the x, y, and z values to 1.

5. Set ColorGradingEnable to False. You may also want to expand the Saturation node, and change the x, y, and z values to 1.

This is how it looks:

Edit:

Requesting the same for Caspian, Seine, Damavand if you're bored. I'd love to see what Caspian looks like without bleached trees.

I'll tell you how.

This is how it looks:

Edit:

Someone get this man a beer! :tennis:

Wow,I can actually look at Metro and not puke anymore.I guess that proves it's possible to remove BF3's "art direction".Too bad that DICE are assholes and will never release the tweak officialy.
    The bad news: I think I saw a link to this topic posted somewhere on the BL forums earlier.If that's true then there are probably more than a few douchebags willing to exploit this tool(for cheating) and then it's just a matter of months before DICE patch it.This should be fun.

The screenshots looks gorgeous, any info how to modify the game so it will look like on those screens? Seems like i cannot find anything about it

I'll tell you how.

This is how it looks:

Edit:

This is my favorite day. Kudos to Frankelstner and tehfusion
    MordorHQ Moderator - "Tum erat"
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF | True Story of BF3 | To New Users

Okay guys ... if you somehow manage to get rid of the derpression blur, i will reinstall BF3

I don't give a fuck if i'm banned.
    Of course i'll not change damage values, i'm not a small-dicked cheater, but if i can modify
    the game so much that it looks the way it was supposed to look like from the start, then
    i'd happily give it another go.
    But for that to happen derpression blur needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Leader View Post
    Wow,I can actually look at Metro and not puke anymore.I guess that proves it's possible to remove BF3's "art direction".Too bad that DICE are assholes and will never release the tweak officialy.
    The bad news: I think I saw a link to this topic posted somewhere on the BL forums earlier.If that's true then there are probably more than a few douchebags willing to exploit this tool(for cheating) and then it's just a matter of months before DICE patch it.This should be fun.
    Oh, thanks for reminding me. I have to make a thread about this on BL. And Reddit. And everywhere else.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast