Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
  1. #1
    I spoke to Daniel Matros the other night and was told a "massive" (and he meant massive) patch was due before the end of January, most likely meaning sometime at the end of this week.

    I confirmed with other sources but they wouldn't go into details. From the understanding, the patch list was several pages long and contained everything from gameplay balancing to technical fixes and from what someone hinted, netcode "improvements".

    This is a patch that had been in the works one or two weeks since release and as people returned to work, it became more and more complex. I still however, fail to understand why they did not push fixes as they were produced over time.

    It'll be interesting to see, and only time will tell, how stable the build will be. With how many changes are being made, I think the player base will face challenges for at least one or two weeks as a few hotfixes might be pushed.

  2. #2
    One or two weeks since release? Yeah, that's cool PR talk.

    It'll be a large patch to coincide with (DUN-DUN-DUN) Second Assault, surprise surprise! It'll have a lot of technical fixes and a lot of bullshit thrown in that breaks the game in new ways, with very little that actually balances or fixes or improves the game.

    Oh and the token netcode improvements, right! Just like the last patch! Or the patch that fixed bullets doing double-damage, good job DICE!

    Next time you speak to zh1nt0, ask him how that #highrollingstudio shit is going for him.


  3. #3
    If this is true, what I don't understand is why the hell they didn't communicate to the community weeks before that they were working on such a big patch covering all these aspects as you claim. Is it because of the lawsuits? Likely. Too bad im going overseas for 2 weeks without net, would have loved to see how this turned out.

  4. #4
    Massive, huh? Like 25GB massive? Because I don't see how anything short of a complete redo will fix this game.

  5. #5


    this patch will seal their faith. you'll see.

  6. #6
    Patch better fix netcode, but is probably just mantle.

  7. #7
    letīs hope it fixes the game. people that bought bf4 deserve a fully working, finished game. but i doubt that dice will fix the netcode or balance the game correctly since bf3 is a good example that dice doesnīt fix the netcode and balance just become worse with patches. will have to wait and see.

  8. #8
    Call me cynical but OP you sound like you've made this up

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Androff View Post


    this patch will seal their faith. you'll see.
    Fate=/=faith

    As for the op....


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefield_guy69 View Post
    I spoke to Daniel Matros the other night and was told a "massive" (and he meant massive) patch was due before the end of January, most likely meaning sometime at the end of this week.
    Didn't demize say last week that there won't be any massive (BF3 like) patches coming for BF4?

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefield_guy69 View Post
    I still however, fail to understand why they did not push fixes as they were produced over time.
    Because EA and Sony want a fortune of money for every patch you release on their consoles......

  11. #11
    Hi, Daniel. Where is teh cat?!

  12. #12
    This is probably the Mantle patch. Netcode improvements huh? I'd pay to see that... oh wait, I already did.

  13. #13
    The same guy who said 6 months time biggest esports fps.. yeah, he really is creditable.. everything he has said up until this point has been utter and I mean utter bullshit.

    I dont know if zhinto knows if hes awake or dreaming most of the time.

  14. #14
    I thought they said the game was perfect already?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefield_guy69 View Post
    I confirmed with other sources but they wouldn't go into details. From the understanding, the patch list was several pages long and contained everything from gameplay balancing to technical fixes and from what someone hinted, netcode "improvements".
    According to sliced_lime, the netcode improvements we can expect is simply that it replays the actions more consistently. So your fate is still sealed, but at least you'll notice the health going down in a few hits rather than what looks like instakill.

    So I guess it's an improvement. Too bad we need a new cake and not just different frosting.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Crc View Post
    According to sliced_lime, the netcode improvements we can expect is simply that it replays the actions more consistently. So your fate is still sealed, but at least you'll notice the health going down in a few hits rather than what looks like instakill.

    So I guess it's an improvement. Too bad we need a new cake and not just different frosting.
    The best thing BF4 will get is BF3 type hitreg. Which is still crap - but sliced_lime does not know/agree.

  17. #17

  18. #18
    "Massive"
    Mantle + DLC.

    Additionally changelog consisting of 2/4/6 entries.

  19. #19
    - Fixed one of the most common crashes
    - Various improvements to the so called "netcode"

    Notes to be posted 3 weeks after release.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefield_guy69 View Post
    I spoke to Daniel Matros the other night and was told a "massive" (and he meant massive) patch was due before the end of January, most likely meaning sometime at the end of this week.

    I confirmed with other sources but they wouldn't go into details. From the understanding, the patch list was several pages long and contained everything from gameplay balancing to technical fixes and from what someone hinted, netcode "improvements".

    This is a patch that had been in the works one or two weeks since release and as people returned to work, it became more and more complex. I still however, fail to understand why they did not push fixes as they were produced over time.

    It'll be interesting to see, and only time will tell, how stable the build will be. With how many changes are being made, I think the player base will face challenges for at least one or two weeks as a few hotfixes might be pushed.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefield_guy69 View Post
    I spoke to Daniel Matros the other night and was told a "massive" (and he meant massive) patch was due before the end of January, most likely meaning sometime at the end of this week.

    I confirmed with other sources but they wouldn't go into details. From the understanding, the patch list was several pages long and contained everything from gameplay balancing to technical fixes and from what someone hinted, netcode "improvements".

    This is a patch that had been in the works one or two weeks since release and as people returned to work, it became more and more complex. I still however, fail to understand why they did not push fixes as they were produced over time.

    It'll be interesting to see, and only time will tell, how stable the build will be. With how many changes are being made, I think the player base will face challenges for at least one or two weeks as a few hotfixes might be pushed.
    "hinted netcode improvements" so what that really means they couldn't fix the netcoode issue so gave it an afterthought as mantle, dlc, balancing took priority.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopplereffekt View Post
    he does look a bit like Daniel. evil twin?
    Last edited by Slarlac249; 01-27-2014 at 01:48 PM.

  23. #23
    See DICE does care, it just takes some time because BF4 is really complex. Rome wasnt built in one day either. Said nobody with a working brain.

  24. #24
    A really big patch that actually improves the game(rather than brake it more)and we have zh1nt0's honest word about it?
    This seems 100% legit,I am 100% certain this is not PR,this is the real deal guys!
    Come on,lets all meet on the:

  25. #25
    yeah because everything out of Zh1ntrolls mouth isn't pure shit anyways

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast