Tweet
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic preset settings, confirmed by Darklord [Updated with new info]

Hey all.

Darklord has graced us with his presence several times now, and given us important information regarding Battlefield 4. This includes information on server side settings, the production of the game and more.

To start off with there are 3 presets in Battlefield 4;

Official - Your run of the mill, 'normal' mode. This contains 3d spotting, audio spotting, full ttk, ammo pool system, etc etc. What we've come to expect of the 'new' Battlefield games.
    Ranked - I'll come to this (literally) in a second.

Unranked - Servers with admin scripts, like limited amounts of guns, not being allowed to do certain things etc. blah blah you get the gist.

DICE CONFIRMED THERE IS NO 'CLASSIC' PRESET FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL CONFUSED. If you look at the title, I said 'Classic preset settings'. We will not directly be able to filter for a preset with all these things already enabled/disabled by default, however the options that we would've liked to have seen in a classic preset are made available to us whilst still keeping the server ranked. I see little to no difference in this, provided the way we can search for certain filters in Battlefield 4 remains the same in Battlefield 3. Just tick and cross a few boxes and hey presto, we've basically got classic mode.

So what is in Ranked mode?
    Ranked mode provides stat tracked, ranked gameplay with changes to the 'core' game. This is so that when people use the auto search feature, they aren't dropped into a match they wouldn't be comfortable in. The people looking for ranked games, would know full well what they're searching for.
    What makes this so great however, is how much we can customize whilst keeping the game ranked.

The following, which we've been asking for in a 'classic' preset are available in ranked mode, whilst keeping stat tracking and ranking available;

• 3d spotting on/off - Turning it off immediately makes the server label 'hardcore'
    • magazine pool as opposed to ammo pool
    • health regen on/off - DarkLord wasn't sure whether this also included vehicles.
    • Squad leader spawning only on/off
    • Change the ticket bleed rate - Please make it like Bad Company 1, where if you had all flags capped, it was a known loss.

Having all unlocks in the server is unfortunately an 'unranked' setting. I'm sorry I got it mixed up with a different message he posted in the chat. Sorry for the confusion.

So I know what you're thinking;
    "If these settings fall under 'hardcore' mode, won't we have to suffer with even lower TTK?!"
    That's the beauty of it, you can set the TTK to 100% and keep the server settings, despite it being 'hardcore.' It's unconfirmed if you can make the TTK even longer, but at least we can deal with the 'normal' TTK.

Darklord has also given us the following information in a second Q/A session in the chatbox;
    • Changing settings outside of the game
    • Multiple loadouts
    • Commander control and choosing
    • 5 weapons in Battlefield 4 confirmed
    • Reporting players
    • General production of Battlefield 4 in terms of stafffing
    • Darklords personal opinion over the production
    • The lead platform and any focus changes
    • 'Working' Battlerecorder
    • Giving people the finger
    • Disabling 3d icons

You can find a copy of the chat logs
    HERE - Server presets
    and
    HERE - General information on development.

Server settings released:

• vars.serverName controls the name of the server, as seen in the server browser.vars.gamePassword - if set, players must enter this password when connecting to the server.
    • vars.friendlyFire – when set, people can inflict damage on others in the same team.
    • vars.killCam – when set, a killed player gets to see a close-up of his/hers killer for a few seconds.
    • vars.miniMap – when set, a minimap is available in the bottom-left corner of the screen during play.
    • vars.hud – when set, the hud is present.
    • vars.crossHair – when set, guns have crosshairs in the center of the screen.
    • vars.3dSpotting – when set, spotted targets are marked with icons in the 3D world.
    • vars.miniMapSpotting – when set, spotted targets are marked with icons on the minimap.
    • vars.3pCam - when set, 3rd person vehicle cameras are enabled.
    • vars.nameTag – when set, nametags are rendered over players’ heads in the 3D world.
    • vars.regenerateHealth – when set, health regeneration is enabled.
    • vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed – when set, vehicles will spawn in-game.
    • vars.vehicleSpawnDelay – controls the delay between vehicle spawn; specified in percent (100% = normal).
    • vars.soldierHealth – sets maximum soldier health, specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).
    • vars.playerRespawnTime – controls player respawn delay; specified in percent (100% = normal).
    • vars.playerManDownTime - controls player man-down time; specified in percent (100% = normal).
    • vars.bulletDamage – controls bullet damage; specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).
    • vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn – when set, players can only spawn on the squad leader.
    • vars.roundStartPlayerCount – when the server is in pre-round, it waits for this many players to be present until it proceeds to start the real round. This value must be higher than the roundRestartPlayerCount.
    • vars.roundRestartPlayerCount – when a round is going, if the number of players drops under this number, the round will be aborted and the server moves back to pre-round.
    • vars.gameModeCounter – controls the number of tickets required to end round (100% = normal).

Also
    Setting 'Normal' 'Hardcore'
    Autobalance True True
    Friendly Fire False True
    Killcam True False
    Minimap True False
    Hud True False
    3d Spotting True False
    Minimap Spotting True False
    Nametag True False
    3rd Person Camera True False
    Regenerating Health True False
    Vehicle Spawn True True
    Soldier Health 100 60
    Respawn Time 100 100
    "Man Down Time" 100 100
    Bullet Damage 100 100
    Only Squad Leader Spawn False True
    Force reload whole mags False True
    Hit Indicators True False

You can find your own copy HERE

Battlefield 4 actually looks like a decent buy now. I can feel the cynicism and hate slowly lift from Mordor as I type this.

[EDIT] Updated the OP to contain a disclaimer about not being 'classic' preset but having classic like settings, as well as changing the chat logs to remove things Darklord messaged me to be unsure of. It's better to take things that aren't set in stone out. This is regarding the unknown console certification time and patches.
    [EDIT #2] Updated the OP to include the information from Darklords visit today as well as providing a link to the chat questions and answers. Also refined the OP opening.
    [EDIT #3] Updated the OP to include the proper server settings, as well as a link to the documents for people to dissect as they will.
    Last edited by Cheshire cat; 10-26-2013 at 10:53 AM.

DarkLord

<DarkLord7854> adrinex: we removed lockon for rpg

I was there when it happened

I need to give this more likes. Repost it a dozen times so I can like each one

- - - Updated - - -

"All unlocks available" on a ranked server???

THAT'S JUST FUCKIN AWESOME.
    (EDIT: ^Not true... OP has been edited to correct this so I am noting this as well. All unlocks are unranked only)

Also, with the ability to have unranked servers with equipment disabled should appease the eSport crowd immensely. Goodbye all lockons
    Last edited by Ronin; 10-23-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I need to give this more likes. Repost it a dozen times so I can like each one
    I'd be happy with more likes, I'm a whore after all.

I
    "All unlocks available" on a ranked server???

THAT'S JUST FUCKIN AWESOME.

Also, with the ability to have unranked servers with equipment disabled should appease the eSport crowd immensely. Goodbye all lockons
    Uhmm. Is that so? Or did someone misunderstand here? Sounds weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Winfernal View Post
    DarkLord
    <DarkLord7854> adrinex: we removed lockon for rpg
    Also awesome!

Wonder if the other dumbfire, faster projectile with less drop RL (and less dmg) will have PLD lock-on still... or the wire-guided....

Good news. Lets just hope server admins will actually run them =)

Uhmm. Is that so? Or did someone misunderstand here? Sounds weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire cat View Post

Unranked - Servers with admin scripts, like limited amounts of guns, not being allowed to do certain things etc. blah blah you get the gist.
    ^6char.

darklord nude pics or didn't happened

P.S: lockon removed or rpg only? Plz tell me that you removed it from SMAW, SRAW and TOW too :S and why no 3d spot -> hc
    Last edited by Crystal Dragon; 10-15-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Wish Granted

^6char.
    I mean all unlocks and weps on ranked servers, i don't think thats the case.

Would be good if magazine pool is standard for hardcore.

Also, title is misleading.
    Last edited by JiM; 10-16-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Sorry everyone I goofed, all unlocks isn't in ranked

1. Actions
    2. 15/10/2013 06:54 <DarkLord7854> you can run all unlocks in Unranked, it's a server setting

Pretty sure he said lock-ons cannot be disabled. That would have been so fucking cool, oh well at least RPG lockon has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Workhorse View Post
    Pretty sure he said lock-ons cannot be disabled. That would have been so fucking cool, oh well at least RPG lockon has gone.
    Yeah I was the one who asked him, it was worth a shot after all.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrIneX View Post
    I was there when it happened
    So was I you slut.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry everyone I goofed, all unlocks isn't in ranked

1. Actions
    2. 15/10/2013 06:54 <DarkLord7854> you can run all unlocks in Unranked, it's a server setting
    Edit the OP so people know.

wow! awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by Soontroll View Post
    Edit the OP so people know.
    Done.
    /6char

Was there as well, and he was totally awesome.

Unfortunately he also confirmed that patching schedule is still tied to consoles. However there are two points making it not quite as bad as BF3: sony/ms seem to lighten up the cert process a bit, and since weapon stats are provided by the server, they can roll out weapon balance changes more swiftly.

Anyway, props to DarkLord for doing in an hour or so about 1000x what the DICE CM's have done the last few years, combined.

I mean all unlocks and weps on ranked servers, i don't think thats the case.
    SO I noticed reading the chat log he linked....

It was a bullet point on ranked server options in OP... Cheshire fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Crc View Post

Anyway, props to DarkLord for doing in an hour or so about 1000x what the DICE CM's have done the last few years, combined.
    It was amazing! DarkLord as CM, DOIT DICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Workhorse View Post
    Unranked can disable individual weapons and gadgets though...

so eSport tournaments (which should be unranked anyways TBQH) can set up their own custom equipment lists (effectively removing all lock-ons in most cases I imagine... maybe some of the lesser powerful options avail if anything)

It was amazing! DarkLord as CM, DOIT DICE!
    Haha if I remember correct, he said he didn't want "less pay"

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast