Darklord has graced us with his presence several times now, and given us important information regarding Battlefield 4. This includes information on server side settings, the production of the game and more.
To start off with there are 3 presets in Battlefield 4;
Official - Your run of the mill, 'normal' mode. This contains 3d spotting, audio spotting, full ttk, ammo pool system, etc etc. What we've come to expect of the 'new' Battlefield games.
Ranked - I'll come to this (literally) in a second.
Unranked - Servers with admin scripts, like limited amounts of guns, not being allowed to do certain things etc. blah blah you get the gist.
DICE CONFIRMED THERE IS NO 'CLASSIC' PRESET FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL CONFUSED. If you look at the title, I said 'Classic preset settings'. We will not directly be able to filter for a preset with all these things already enabled/disabled by default, however the options that we would've liked to have seen in a classic preset are made available to us whilst still keeping the server ranked. I see little to no difference in this, provided the way we can search for certain filters in Battlefield 4 remains the same in Battlefield 3. Just tick and cross a few boxes and hey presto, we've basically got classic mode.
So what is in Ranked mode?
Ranked mode provides stat tracked, ranked gameplay with changes to the 'core' game. This is so that when people use the auto search feature, they aren't dropped into a match they wouldn't be comfortable in. The people looking for ranked games, would know full well what they're searching for.
What makes this so great however, is how much we can customize whilst keeping the game ranked.
The following, which we've been asking for in a 'classic' preset are available in ranked mode, whilst keeping stat tracking and ranking available;
- 3d spotting on/off - Turning it off immediately makes the server label 'hardcore'
- magazine pool as opposed to ammo pool
- health regen on/off - DarkLord wasn't sure whether this also included vehicles.
- Squad leader spawning only on/off
- Change the ticket bleed rate - Please make it like Bad Company 1, where if you had all flags capped, it was a known loss.
Having all unlocks in the server is unfortunately an 'unranked' setting. I'm sorry I got it mixed up with a different message he posted in the chat. Sorry for the confusion.
So I know what you're thinking;
"If these settings fall under 'hardcore' mode, won't we have to suffer with even lower TTK?!"
That's the beauty of it, you can set the TTK to 100% and keep the server settings, despite it being 'hardcore.' It's unconfirmed if you can make the TTK even longer, but at least we can deal with the 'normal' TTK.
Darklord has also given us the following information in a second Q/A session in the chatbox;
- Changing settings outside of the game
- Multiple loadouts
- Commander control and choosing
- 5 weapons in Battlefield 4 confirmed
- Reporting players
- General production of Battlefield 4 in terms of stafffing
- Darklords personal opinion over the production
- The lead platform and any focus changes
- 'Working' Battlerecorder
- Giving people the finger
- Disabling 3d icons
You can find a copy of the chat logs
HERE - Server presets
HERE - General information on development.
Server settings released:
- vars.serverName controls the name of the server, as seen in the server browser.vars.gamePassword - if set, players must enter this password when connecting to the server.
- vars.friendlyFire when set, people can inflict damage on others in the same team.
- vars.killCam when set, a killed player gets to see a close-up of his/hers killer for a few seconds.
- vars.miniMap when set, a minimap is available in the bottom-left corner of the screen during play.
- vars.hud when set, the hud is present.
- vars.crossHair when set, guns have crosshairs in the center of the screen.
- vars.3dSpotting when set, spotted targets are marked with icons in the 3D world.
- vars.miniMapSpotting when set, spotted targets are marked with icons on the minimap.
- vars.3pCam - when set, 3rd person vehicle cameras are enabled.
- vars.nameTag when set, nametags are rendered over players heads in the 3D world.
- vars.regenerateHealth when set, health regeneration is enabled.
- vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed when set, vehicles will spawn in-game.
- vars.vehicleSpawnDelay controls the delay between vehicle spawn; specified in percent (100% = normal).
- vars.soldierHealth sets maximum soldier health, specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).
- vars.playerRespawnTime controls player respawn delay; specified in percent (100% = normal).
- vars.playerManDownTime - controls player man-down time; specified in percent (100% = normal).
- vars.bulletDamage controls bullet damage; specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).
- vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn when set, players can only spawn on the squad leader.
- vars.roundStartPlayerCount when the server is in pre-round, it waits for this many players to be present until it proceeds to start the real round. This value must be higher than the roundRestartPlayerCount.
- vars.roundRestartPlayerCount when a round is going, if the number of players drops under this number, the round will be aborted and the server moves back to pre-round.
- vars.gameModeCounter controls the number of tickets required to end round (100% = normal).
Setting 'Normal' 'Hardcore' Autobalance True True Friendly Fire False True Killcam True False Minimap True False Hud True False 3d Spotting True False Minimap Spotting True False Nametag True False 3rd Person Camera True False Regenerating Health True False Vehicle Spawn True True Soldier Health 100 60 Respawn Time 100 100 "Man Down Time" 100 100 Bullet Damage 100 100 Only Squad Leader Spawn False True Force reload whole mags False True Hit Indicators True False
You can find your own copy HERE
Battlefield 4 actually looks like a decent buy now. I can feel the cynicism and hate slowly lift from Mordor as I type this.
[EDIT] Updated the OP to contain a disclaimer about not being 'classic' preset but having classic like settings, as well as changing the chat logs to remove things Darklord messaged me to be unsure of. It's better to take things that aren't set in stone out. This is regarding the unknown console certification time and patches.
[EDIT #2] Updated the OP to include the information from Darklords visit today as well as providing a link to the chat questions and answers. Also refined the OP opening.
[EDIT #3] Updated the OP to include the proper server settings, as well as a link to the documents for people to dissect as they will.