Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    8/13 – The Arms Deal Update

14 Aug 2013 -

"Introducing theArms Deal update, which lets you experience all the illicit thrills of black market weapons trafficking without any of the hanging around in darkened warehouses getting knifed to death. The Arms Deal Update lets you collect, buy, sell and trade over 100 all-new decorated weapons that you can equip in-game.

You can start collecting decorated weapons via timed weapon drops just by playing CS:GO on official and community servers. You can also get them by opening dropped weapon cases with the appropriate key, or by trading with other players through Steam’s Trading interface. Additionally, any decorated weapons you’ve found, bought or traded can be sold on the Steam Marketplace.
    We also want The Arms Deal Update to give back to the community, which is why we’re happy to announce the eSports Weapon Case. A portion of the proceeds from sales of eSports Case Keys will go towards prize purses at CS:GO community competitive events.
    Last but not least, as part of the Arms Deal Update, we’ve added two new stock weapons available to everyone, the M4A1-S and USP-S."

http://blog.counter-strike.net/armsdeal/ - Pictures of the skins available.

Not sure what to make of this... On the one hand I have no problems with cosmetic items in the game, they don't degrade my experience in any way. However having looked at the available skins I've got to say they've gone a little overboard with the designs.

I figured Valve would eventually add micro-transactions to to CS:GO.

As long as it doesn't imbalance the game, it's fine with me.
    MordorHQ Administrator
    SITE RULES | CONTACT US | STAFF

All are aethethics except for the ability to now have silence weapons again for the M4 and such.
    But they are stock weapons.

Don't see the problem with micro-transactions like this.

Purely aesthetic and some of the proceeds go to the community itself.

I'm fine with that.

JKBDASGKJABHKJGDHSGBFKLGDFKDSJGHKADGHSD'G;

SILENCERS ARE BAAAAACKKKKCKC!!!

THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!!!

Ehrmahgerd cod haz micro-transactions!!1 camos n shit, lol fakin kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Digipact View Post
    Additionally, any decorated weapons you’ve found, bought or traded can be sold on the Steam Marketplace.

That's pretty cool but,
    Less expensive but with a smaller magazine than their unsilenced counterparts, both weapons have detachable silencers that make them quieter and suppress tracer fire while providing less recoil and better accuracy.
    Eh? Why not just do it like they've done in the past, silencers reduced the accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaHawk5 View Post
    I figured Valve would eventually add micro-transactions to to CS:GO.

As long as it doesn't imbalance the game, it's fine with me.
    it's just visual stuff like in dota... so no balance harm

Well, is this Team Fortress 3 then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze_Urmel View Post
    Well, is this Team Fortress 3 then?

Valve doesn't do 3's. It's TF:GO, bro.

I got a jungle five-seven and opened up some skulls MP7.

sold them both, because these skins will get much cheaper later

I really REALLY love the M4A1-S and the USP-S. BUT; the reserve ammo is currently glitched. Instead of having 20-90 and 12-54, its bugged at 20-40 and 12-24. There's alot of other bugs in this patch like the developer console causing the client to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearRules1 View Post
    I really REALLY love the M4A1-S and the USP-S. BUT; the reserve ammo is currently glitched. Instead of having 20-90 and 12-54, its bugged at 20-40 and 12-24. There's alot of other bugs in this patch like the developer console causing the client to crash.
    that's trying to balance them, because they're currently just better than M4A4 and P2000.

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow_bob View Post
    that's trying to balance them, because they're currently just better than M4A4 and P2000.
    It's actually a bug. On the buy menu, for the ammo amount it says 20-90 and 12-54 respectively. But in game it's wrong. I'm ok with the magazine sizes. The M4A1-S is more accurate than the M4A4, but the M4A4 has more ammo making it better for players that spray and control recoil, while the M4A1-S is for players like myself that like to shoot in bursts and only spray in very close combat. The USP is more of a balance against the Glock since the P2000 is absolute mong compared to the Glock.

EDIT: A hotfix has been deployed; the bug was actually on the buy menu instead of in-game. The ammo now says 2-40 on the buy menu. Game runs better now since before the hotfix it ran like shit for everyone.
    Last edited by MetalGearRules1; 08-15-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woess View Post
    it's just visual stuff like in dota... so no balance harm
    I can read
    MordorHQ Administrator

well why not make Cs f2p then?
    MordorHQ Moderator
    SITE RULES
    | CONTACT US | STAFF

Don't get why people play this game, it was'nt even updated or reworked, they just polished the turd like graphics and did'nt even try to replace the sounds effects. hell even the maps are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tach1k0ma View Post
    Don't get why people play this game, it was'nt even updated or reworked, they just polished the turd like graphics and did'nt even try to replace the sounds effects. hell even the maps are the same.
    Sometimes simple concepts work great. And trying to improve those concepts can ruin the whole thing.
    CS is a rather minimalistic and simple fps. But that's what it's loved for aswell.
    MordorHQ Moderator
    SITE RULES
    | CONTACT US | STAFF

Bit young, are we?
    MordorHQ Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Skilllos View Post
    well why not make Cs f2p then?
    Hackers would ruin CS if it became F2P.

In the world of CS, change isn't welcome. Just look at how many still play CS 1.6 compared to CS:GO.

haha you're funny

Not really an arguement tbh. Cheating was and still is possible in CS. And a few bucks per key aren't stop anyone from doing so.
    MordorHQ Moderator
    SITE RULES
    | CONTACT US | STAFF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast